The Company carry out their business enterprise and their own business model with the objective of sustainably creating value for society, citizens, customers, shareholders, and for the communities in which they do business, providing a high-quality goods and services through the use of environmentally-friendly energy sources, innovating and maintaining awareness of the opportunities offered by the knowledge economy.
For this purpose, the Company makes new investments considering their social return, promotes the growth and develops the technical and human capacities of its professionals, works for the safety of people and supply, and labours to build a successful business enterprise together with all of the participants in its value chain.
- Favour the achievement of the strategic goals of the Company in order to offer a safe, reliable, and high-quality supply of coal that is respectful of the environment.
- Improve the competitiveness of the Company through the assumption of management practices based on innovation, equal opportunities, productivity, profitability, and sustainability.
- Responsibly manage the risks and opportunities deriving from changes in the surroundings, and maximize the positive impacts of its activities in the various territories in which it operates and minimize the negative impacts, to the extent possible.
- Encourage a culture of ethical behaviour that increases business transparency in order to generate creditability and trust within the stakeholders, which includes society as a whole.
- Promote relationships based on trust and the creation of value for all of its stakeholders, providing a balanced and inclusive response to all of them.
- Contribute to boosting the reputation and the external recognition of the Company.
To achieve the aforementioned objectives, the Company will be guided by the principles of conduct, specifically:
- comply with applicable law in the countries and territories in which it does business, with the supplementary and voluntary adoption of international commitments, rules, and guidelines in those countries in which the legal framework is inadequate or insufficient, basing its relations with the competent public authorities in each jurisdiction on fidelity, reliability, professionalism, collaboration, reciprocity, and good faith;
- support the inclusion of the international principles and principles of EU, especially in the areas of human rights, labour practices, the environment, and the fight against corruption;
- favour free market practices, rejecting any illegal or fraudulent practice, implementing effective mechanisms for prevention, surveillance, and punishment of irregular acts;
- encourage communication and dialogue, thus facilitating the Company’s relationships with its shareholders, investors, employees, customers, suppliers, and, in general, all of its stakeholders, to harmonize business values and social expectations;
- commitment to transparency, as a way of conveying and generating trust and credibility among our stakeholders;
- fiscal responsibility;
- conservation and promotion of the Environment.